HV1600 R50 Whole House Fan
1600 CFM Whole House Fan, remote-operated, can improve indoor air quality and quickly cools the home using fresh, outside air. It features unique R50-insulated doors that self-seal when the fan is not in use. Easily mounts in attic.
FREE SHIPPING (to the 48 contiguous states)
In Stock | Ships in 3-5 business days
Ships to Continental US addresses only
The Tamarack Technologies, Inc, HV1600 R50 is a Whole House Fan that easily mounts in the attic on 16 or 24 inch on center joists. The unit can be mounted horizontally or vertically. This 1600 CFM* fan quickly circulates air and cools your home whenever the outdoor air is cooler than the indoor air. The HV1600 R50 operates at two speeds to exhaust hot air, indoor air pollutants, allergens, moisture, and odors out through the attic vents or gables while pulling cool, fresh air into the home through the open windows. The air exchange naturally cools your home and can improve the indoor air quality.
Like all Tamarack Technologies HV Series Whole House Fans, the HV1600 R50 features a unique self sealing door design. The unit includes R50 insulated doors that open automatically when the fan is operating and seal shut automatically when the fan is off. The insulated door design prevents the cool air from escaping your living space to the attic. The insulated doors also prevent heat loss through the attic during cooler months.
Installing an HV1600 R50 Whole House Fan reduces energy consumption and saves money. Whole House Fans use 10% of the energy that a central air conditioning system uses. Because the HV1600 cools your home, it reduces the amount of energy needed to run your air conditioning which reduces your energy bill.
Based on the quality of this product and the ease of installation, The HV1600 has been featured twice on the popular home improvement show “Ask This Old House”. A clip of the episode can be viewed here.
- Two Speeds | Low speed moves air at 1,150 CFM* (cubic feet per minute); High speed at 1,600 CFM*
- Only Whole House Fan brand with R50-insulated self-sealing doors (also available in R38 insulation)
- Easily installed vertically (inside attic wall) or horizontally (inside attic floor)
- Energy efficient
- Optional hardwire operation**
- Two Key fob remote controls
- Interior grille
- 6-ft power cord
- 3-year warranty with an available extended warranty
- Reduce energy costs by up to 80%
- California Title 24 compliant
- Listed in the California Energy Commission Modernized Appliance Efficiency Database
- Improves the home’s HERS score (This index is the industry standard for measuring the energy efficiency of homes)
*CFM rates measured in a controlled test environment. Your results may vary due to building construction.
**Use of any type of control other than those we recommend will void product warranty. Recommended controls for hardwired fans include single pole single throw wall switches or spring-wound mechanical timers.
UL Component UL Listings; E115252, E20888, E170149