HV1600 R50 Whole House Fan
This powerful, remote-operated whole house fan improves indoor air quality and quickly cools the whole home using fresh, outside air. It features unique R50-insulated doors that self-seal when the fan is not in use.
IN STOCK | Ships within 1 business day
The HV1600 R50 whole house fan is a powerful fan that mounts in the attic like an attic fan and runs for pennies a day compared to AC. It rapidly cools your entire home whenever the outdoor air is cooler than the air inside your home. It does this by pushing out hot, stuffy air through attic vents or gables while pulling cool, fresh air in through open windows.
Like all our HV Series whole house fans, the HV1600 features a unique design unlike any other brand on the market. Its insulted doors seal automatically when the fan is not in use, keeping cool air from making its way into your attic between uses. Additionally, the insulated doors prevent heat loss through the attic during the cooler months.
Among the many benefits, installing an HV1600 R50 whole house fan saves energy and dramatically reduces air conditioning costs. The money and energy saved using a whole house fan is a great advantage, but the health benefits are even greater. The HV1600 R50 provides a quick air exchange throughout the whole home, and this substantially improves the air quality. As a result, your family can breathe easier and enjoy a healthy, well-ventilated home.
The HV1600 has been featured twice on the popular home improvement show Ask This Old House. A clip of the episode can be viewed here.
- 2 Speeds | Low speed moves air at 1,150 CFM* (cubic feet per minute); High speed at 1,600 CFM*
- Only whole house fan brand with R50-insulated self-sealing doors (also available in R38 insulation)
- Easily installed vertically (inside attic wall) or horizontally (inside attic floor)
- Energy efficient
- Optional hardwire operation**
- (2) Key fob remote controls
- Interior grille
- 6-ft power cord
- 3-year warranty with an available extended warranty
- Can reduce energy costs by up to 80%
- California Title 24 compliant
- Listed in the California Energy Commission Modernized Appliance Efficiency Database
- Improves the home’s HERS score (This index is the industry standard for measuring the energy efficiency of homes)
*CFM rates measured in a controlled test environment. Your results may vary due to building construction.
**Use of any type of control other than those we recommend will void product warranty. Recommended controls for hardwired fans include single pole single throw wall switches or spring-wound mechanical timers.
UL Component UL Listings; E115252, E20888, E170149