HV1600 R38 2 Speed Whole House Fan
1527 CFM Whole House Fan, remote-operated, quickly cools the home and can improve indoor air quality using fresh, outside air. It features unique R38-insulated doors that self-seal when the fan is not in use. Easily mounts in attic.
FREE SHIPPING (to the 48 contiguous states)
In Stock | Ships in 3-5 business days
Ships to Continental US addresses only
The HV1600 R38 Whole House Fan easily mounts in the attic on 16 or 24 inch on center joists and is operated by a Radio Frequency Remote Control included with your purchase. The fan can be installed vertically or horizontally. This 1527 CFM* fan quickly circulates air and cools your home whenever the outdoor air is cooler than the indoor air. The HV1600 R38 Whole House Fan operates at two speeds to exhaust hot air, indoor air pollutants, allergens, moisture, and odors out through attic vents or gables while pulling cool, fresh air into the home through the open windows. The air exchange naturally cools your home and can improve the indoor air quality.
Like all Tamarack HV Series Whole House Fans, the HV1600 R38 Whole House Fan features a unique self-sealing door design. The unit includes R38 insulated doors that open automatically when the fan is operating and seal shut automatically when the fan is off. The insulated door design prevents cool air from escaping your living area to the attic. The insulated doors also prevent heat loss through the attic during the cooler months.
Installing an HV1600 R38 Whole House Fan reduces energy consumption and saves money. Tamarack’s Whole House Fans use 10% of the energy of a central air conditioning system thus cooling your home while reducing your energy bill.
As a result of the high quality of this product and ease of installation, the HV1600 has been featured twice on the popular home improvement show “Ask This Old House”. A clip of the episode can be viewed here.
- Two Speeds | Low speed moves air at 1,150 CFM; High speed moves air at 1,600 CFM*
- Only whole house fan brand with R38 insulated self-sealing doors (also available in R50 insulation)
- Easily installed vertically (inside attic wall) or horizontally (inside attic floor)
- Energy-efficient | Maintenance-free
- Optional hardwire operation**
INCLUDED WITH FAN
- One remote control
- Interior grille
- 6-ft power cord
- 3-year limited warranty
- Reduce energy costs by up to 80%
- California Title 24 compliant, HVI-916 1357 CFM Rating
- Listed in the California Energy Commission Modernized Appliance Efficiency Database
- Improves the home’s HERS score (This index is the industry standard for measuring the energy efficiency of homes)
*CFM (cubic feet per minute) rates are measured in a controlled test environment. Your results may vary due to building construction.
**Use of any type of control other than those we recommend will void product warranty. Recommended controls for hardwired fans include single pole single throw wall switches or spring-wound mechanical timers.
UL Component UL Listings; E115252, E20888, E170149